Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Worth is the wrong word

It's hard to trust anything today, but no joke: this is a real thing that really exists right this minute.

{Worth Is the Wrong Word, Black Cake}

It's an album of poems about worth. About money. About cost. About riches. About greed. About price. About payment. About jobs. About debt.

But probably not in the way you're thinking.

It is free, but if you have money or you hate money or you know what things are worth to you or you love to give and you want to support Black Cake, you can do that too.

I worked for weeks on this. It was harder than any other chapbook I've ever put together. Someone had to teach me how to use Garageband. Someone had to lend me a microphone & stand & audio interface. It's painful to hear your own voice. It's crushing to be the person responsible for making the poem you hear played back to you match the way you imagined it to be when you hear it in your head, or when you wrote it. But I did my best & now you can hear it like I say it.

The bonus is that it is being released at the same time as Danniel Schoonebeek's Trench Mouth, which is sick & impressive & just as angry.

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I was eagerly waiting for this. I filled myself up with all the other albums on Black Cake in anticipation. I'll let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you got to check out some of the other offerings! The best part about this chap is it will never sell out & costs nothing & doesn't have to be shipped anywhere so the second you see is the second it's yours!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry I could only pay $1 for it, but I am on a tight budget: (still waiting to win big in the book lottery). This is going to be such a treat to experience!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If $1 is what you have, $1 is the perfect amount & a sweet gesture!

      Delete