Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vacation forever

The other night I had dinner with a friend who said I was always on vacation. While that isn't literally true, because life, I think it's psychologically true. I try to be on vacation all the time. It's mostly a matter of framing: sitting in the backyard is a vacation, if you want it to be. Get a magazine, get a shandy, don't look at the phone: holiday!

Recently I went to Ashland to read with with Jeff Alessandrelli in celebration of his new book, This Last Time Will Be the First, which you should get if you do not already have. Any trip out of town is automatically a vacation in my mind, but this one had a long drive, aka road trip (vacation bonus points).

The night was devoted to the reading (& Blood Moon viewing), but in the morning we went to walk in the park everyone in town told us we had to see (being tourists = on vacation). 
{Lithia Park}

We went to the historic graveyard (historic sites? You guessed it: vacation.)
{Mt. View Cemetery}

& then had another road trip back home, with more chances to photograph more gorgeous sights.
{Ashland, Minolta X-370}

I haven't been great about sharing my endless adventures, but I'm about to change that.

1 comment:

  1. X_X you killed me with these photos, I'm dead now. So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete